Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I was going to use a picture from the film from the Wikipedia entry here, but after reading all the legalese I figured you can just click the link. :)

I'm just going to slap things up on this Blog and organize it into a Wiki at a later date. The writing style will be informal and slightly slapstick. This makes things more entertaining for both the writer and the reader.

The Good

Botworx is amazingly stable. You are not going to have the application just quit for no apparent reason. I must have some knack for writing robust systems. I think it's really a philosophy of keeping things as simple as possible.

The Bad

Botworx has more dependencies than I care for but that's just the nature of the beast. If your going to help work on it or use it to carry out your mad AI experiments be prepared to compile some of those dependencies from source.

The Ugly

I wrote this thing in my spare time. If you take Ogre3D as an example, it may take another 3 years to attain the same quality. And that means coders helping out.

While we're on the subject of ugly, I did the Buggy skin etc. myself just to have something to look at. I could have used third party, but that means work trying to massage it to get it right for the game. People who like to skin and animate would be heartily welcome also!

No comments: