Monday, March 17, 2008

The Scenario Concept

This class is equivalent to a game 'level' in a game framework.

It occurred to me while thinking about the text for this article that this would be closest to the Sandbox concept.

I've managed to move a lot of functionality that used to be in the main application into Scenarios.

That means they manage their own scenegraphs via the Scene class, have another component that wraps up a GUI, and also manages the World and physics engines.

Now that I think about it, the ultimate goal is to rework the reference application into a more generic IDE and call it BotworxApp for the raw fullscreen executable, and BotworxWx for the wxWidgets version.

These also should be turned into .dll/.so file projects.

Project wizards for Scenarios should be implemented even before an application wizard.

You'll have to forgive me. I haven't worked on this for awhile. I'm just going to slap up information and tidbits as they come to me and reorganize into Wike format later.

No comments: